Your best buy of 2018?

Posted by: Bachus

Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 03:32 AM

Its probably my new VW Polo.. but lets keep it music related...

For me it was a close call between the Yamaha MODX6
And the new 2018 mac mini(my new mainstage home).. both equally expensive.

Until last week i received my lunar display USB adapter..

This little adapter allows me to use my 2017 12.9” ipad pro as the main monitor for the mac mini.. yet still easilly switch between ipad apps and the mac mini.. with the macmini hidden under the kronos, it cleans up my setup considerably...
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 04:45 AM

2018 was a VERY expensive year for this guy. However, very good purchases.

Genos

Bose S1 x 2

Casio 560

Lenovo Yoga 920

Absolute worst investment of the past couple of years was a Sennheiser remote mic system that had to be replaced within a few months of purchase because the band width was sold off by the FCC. mad

OOPS...put the mad face in the header...cant seem to delete that?

Posted by: cgiles

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 05:41 AM

Best buy: Crumar SEVEN - love the thing.

Worst buy: Hmmm, hard to say; I buy a lot of stuff I never use just because it's on sale, ex. - Vocalist Live, various low/mid priced mics and headphones; but WORST buy, every Big Mac and Fries I've purchased this year smile.

chas
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 06:01 AM

My Best Buy this year was not buying anything music related. That’s not to say I haven’t been tempted to purchase the JBL Eon One or the Bose s1 or some of the other goodies written about here.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 06:55 AM

My best buy was the SD40 AJAM Ketron module, DM48 harmonica breath controller, and BIAB 2019 UltraPak+. That should keep me busy for at least a year.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 07:33 AM

JBL EON ONE (2)

ROLAND BK9 Keyboard

cool2

Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 08:30 AM

The "Don Mason Edition" Yamaha PSR-S970 (Even slightly used) represents the "best buy" of 2018 for me... music related! Thanks, Don... I am churning out new and re-cut songs like the Mad Hatter! West Mayberry will never be the same!
Posted by: DonM

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 08:35 AM

Actually there are two of my S970s out there Rice, plus an SD7, and three PA4Xs. and a PA1000. Sold 'em all this year. I'm down to only a 4x and an EA7.
Maybe the EA7 is the best buy I've made this year. Of course the year isn't quite over! smile
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 08:38 AM

I had 3 best buys... I can't decide which one was the best..

My best buys where the Roland BK9, followed closely , Marantz voice rover, and Roland Integra7..

"Best buy" to me is determined by value on dollar spent, and use of product.

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

My best buys where the Roland BK9, followed closely , Marantz voice rover, and Roland Integra7..

With that in mind, the EA7 was my best buy for sure. Just yesterday it saved me so much trouble. The weather was predicted to be cold and hard rain for Friday. I was able to set up my "second" gear on Thursday. Sure enough, for once the weatherman was right, and it was miserable. I was able to leave my gear setup in the private venue (home) and can pick it up early next week when the rain stops. It saved me getting soaked and cold.
And tonight I just walk in to my regular place, flip a switch or two and start playing there.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By DonM

With that in mind, the EA7 was my best buy for sure. Just yesterday it saved me so much trouble. The weather was predicted to be cold and hard rain for Friday. I was able to set up my "second" gear on Thursday. Sure enough, for once the weatherman was right, and it was miserable. I was able to leave my gear setup in the private venue (home) and can pick it up early next week when the rain stops. It saved me getting soaked and cold.
And tonight I just walk in to my regular place, flip a switch or two and start playing there.

Well the ea7 is more or less a cheap version of the pa4x witouth the vocal harmony.. i can see why you like it...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 01:05 PM

That said, my most recent 'best buy' may be off topic but it's the BMW 328i convertible I bought in October 2017 ... got a great deal on a 1 owner, mint condition vehicle with 40,000 miles on it ... A year later it has 73,000+ ...

Musically, I've only bought a new Sennheiser mic ... singer

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

That said, my most recent 'best buy' may be off topic but it's the BMW 328i convertible I bought in October 2017 ... got a great deal on a 1 owner, mint condition vehicle with 40,000 miles on it ... A year later it has 73,000+ ...

Musically, I've only bought a new Sennheiser mic ... singer

Yea and I'll vouch for you Tony that's one sweet looking Beamer!!!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 01:31 PM

Thanks, Steve, ... no snow in the forecast so you will see it Wednesday ...

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 01:34 PM

You're welcome, I'm looking forward to it!
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 02:06 PM

My best buy of 2018? cool

1. My very 'best buy' this year was when bought a small 'MotorHome', a model they in Europe call 'CityCar' type. Did a very good deal when bought that one.
2. Got two pair Motorola Bluetotth headsets with noise reduction for outside sounds at 'Black friday' offer. Less than the price for one. Not any good for the keyboard, but work really well for listening at radio or music via cellphone and such.
3. Genos. Not at the best price offer in the world, but I'm in fact very pleased by the keyboard so far.
4. Yamaha MG10XU Mixer, but not opened the box so far. I have no idea if that is any good deal or not...
If the price mirror the sundquality, I better let it stay in the box. crazy

But, it's still a couple of weeks left of 2018 ... grin

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 03:45 PM

You'll love the mixer! I have a Yamaha MG82CX in my music room that literally has not been turned off for about 10 years. Turns out was a good investment, many years ago!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/08/18 09:40 PM

Band in a Box 2019, gave me something to look forward to ( musically) next year,.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/09/18 12:19 PM

I finally got a rock n roller a couple of weeks ago. An early Christmas from my mom. Yes, it's way better than my old Home Depot dolly!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/09/18 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By montunoman
I finally got a rock n roller a couple of weeks ago. An early Christmas from my mom. Yes, it's way better than my old Home Depot dolly!

What Model Paul? Congrats
R8, R10,…?
Don't leave me without one ever!
Posted by: jingleman

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/09/18 05:24 PM

Got the Yamaha MG10XU mixer, which works pretty well once you figure out the audio path to your daw. Will probably upgrade BIAB. But the best deal I got Black Friday...was 2 Sealy 16 in. high, Queen size air beds for my son and his family to sleep on for a week long vacation here from Wisconsin.

Had a great time getting us all together to celebrate birthdays and pre-Christmas festivities.

Hope you all enjoy your loved ones this holiday season.

jingleman

Re: Your best buy of 2018? - 12/09/18 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By montunoman

I used to use the Home Depot dolly it did the trick but upgraded to the Rock n Roller R10 a few years back. It came with the pneumatic wheels but after a couple of years they kept losing air, I ordered the solid rubber tires and haven’t had a flat since smile smile

Gotta say though the Home Depot dolly is a workhorse when it comes to moving things around the house.