AJAMSONIC Demo's

Posted by: Henni

AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 12:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm taking it upon myself to make all official AJAMSONIC demos that I can find available over here.

Unofficial demos over here.

I've found the following:

* This is extracted from the new video so there will be visual effects that demonstrate more of what is happening - hence the lack-of-playing-too-much from 00:03 - 00:37 (talking and playing at the same time isn't easy!)

* At 00:20 - the new pads come in (assigned to LOWER1 voice).

* At 01:03 - the new ORGAN BARS and RHODES Piano are heard in style as the new EU-B3 Organ is played on the right/lead voice. Notice how the RHODES Piano plays in a subtle but yet present way (using both Parallel and Close style mode - but ... the style is programmed such that it changes these automatically, hence generating the feeling of variation within a variation!!!)

* At 01:37 - the new BRASS comes in (not so 'in your face' but you will know they are there!)

* From 01:44 - 01:45 - New 'Smart' Walking Bass lines that lead you into next measure (noticeable in Fills) ...

* At 01:54 - the new Choir voices (Ahhh and Ohhh) played by Chord 2 and Chord 3 in style come in as lead horns are played. Also new LIVE GUITAR comes in ... subtle ... but there.

* At 02:45 - new Smart WALKING BASS LINES programmed into FILLS! These sort of 'lead the fill' into the next measure/bar.

* At 03:01 & 03:18 - Listen to how the BASS line perfectly follows as 'decending chords' are played in real time on Arranger.

* At 03:37 - Real Live Ending (Programmed into ENDING-1)... as you would experience with a LIVE band! Ending 2 and 3 are musical (following the official KETRON Style Programming guide)!

OVER ALL COMMENTS.
* Notice the balance, panning, mix and sparing use of effects
* Notice the over all presence of the style
* Song being played was made up ... by simply being inspired by the style (of course I played this way after the style was completed so I could have a clear 'head')
Posted by: abc_doremi

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 07:22 AM

Sounds nice! but have you tried the internal "R&BLUES 3"? very similar...
Posted by: Diki

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 09:48 AM

I'm kind of wondering how smart can a bass line be, if it doesn't know what the next chord is until you play it?

A 'walking' bass-line walks FROM somewhere, TO somewhere. It always knows where it is FROM, but it sure don't know where it's going TO!

Mind you, I have always thought that, in an arranger with a Chord Sequencer, once you have played the chords one time (and had the usual 'lost' basslines) the arranger might be smart enough to analyze the chords and drop in basslines that actually DO move intelligently from one chord to the next...

Oh well... Next year in Jerusalem!
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 10:04 AM

Diki,

You're right ...

It does have it's limitations - same is applied when using RIFF -:)

In this case, the 'assumptions' made (taking common song progressions) are:-
* if you press the FILL in a 7th, walk to a MAJOR.
* if you press the FILL in a MAJOR, walk to a MAJOR.
* if you press the FILL in a MINOR, walk to a MINOR (**)
* For other progressions, maintain current table OR use Alternate bass line (feature we have in STYLE MODE - BASS)

Of course depending on style of music you play, you still have limitations regardless ... but at least this gives you something to start with and as we develop more styles in different types of music, we will expand (also with hopes that the Arranger technology expands too), but for now, the bass line isn't too 'smart' ... yet, but better than having a redundant bass line through out the style Arrangement.

And your suggestion with the Chord Sequencer is well taken and intuitive indeed!

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 10:17 PM

Hi all,

More official AJAMSONIC demos as promised. I had to convert as original files too big to upload here.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 10:36 PM

Hi all,

More official AJAMSONIC demos as promised.

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/08/12 10:39 PM

Hi all,

More official AJAMSONIC demos as promised.

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 02:45 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 02:47 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 02:49 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 02:55 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 02:57 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 02:59 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:02 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:04 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:06 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:09 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:12 AM

More...
Posted by: Icaro

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:14 AM

Really nice.
thanks

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:14 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:17 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:21 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:23 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 03:25 AM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 08:27 PM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 08:32 PM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/14/12 08:34 PM

More...

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/15/12 12:35 AM

Sorry all,

My bad - American Rock demo above not part of AJAMSONIC upgrade. That one was created & demoed by Robert Messier.

Sorry again for my mistake. I cannot edit else I would have removed.

Henni
Posted by: vin5451

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/16/12 10:03 AM

Ah, now I can have another idea of what I'm getting into, since I will be having an Audya AJamsonic on it's way soon. That's right, AJ has found one for me and has checked it out. Hopefully he will be shipping it to me early next week when he returns to the Studio.

Got a lot of learning to do with trying to navigate around the board first. So, all you Audya 76 owners, I hope you will help a newbee who can't see with any questions I may come up with posted privately or here on the forum...(NightLife and Bernie9 we're only a few hours from each other - you too Francisco; Henni I'll probably be hitting you up too).

Thanks much AJ for all you did and I can't wait to get my hands on the board.

Best,
Vince
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/16/12 01:55 PM

Good luck Vince, I hope this great sounding instrument works out for you..
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/18/12 02:12 AM

Hi Vince

I used to be a State Farm Agent with Chris Barker in Wellington.

Congrats, you'll love it.

Bernie

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/18/12 12:01 PM

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/354886/I_Got_My_AJAMSONIC_Upgrade#Post354886
Posted by: Kytrinh

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/18/12 04:12 PM

Hi, Henni
Ky here.. We briefly ran across each other on the prs forum. A lot of your comments have helped me decide on the Audya.. So now I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I also have chat a little to AJ in regards to the A-Sonic upgrade, so thank you very much for continuous generosity of time and insight to these forums.
I was wondering, the styles on show here, are they all part of the premium pack or in the deluxe package. I really do love the guitar strums on the A guitar choir style. Awesome.. A request to sample some ballads if you next struggle which styles to post up. Thank you again and best regards to you, Ky
Posted by: Nigel

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/18/12 07:05 PM

Love that Afro Funk AJAM-STYLE !!!

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/18/12 08:14 PM

Hi Ky,

Welcome my friend. I'm happy for your choice, you will not regret in the least. Will see what I can do about the Ballads.

Keep well my friend,

Henni
Posted by: Kytrinh

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/19/12 01:14 AM

Thanks to you, I'm very excited with this Audya 5. I will have a word to AJ on my order of the A-Sonic pack for you to receive a complementary upgrade I think.
The styles on the audya really got me, acoustically brilliant.. Cant imagine hearing it live .. I will keep the T 4 as the choir segment there is .. Like you said .. Awesome.. Once all this is in place, hope I will get some sleep each night.
So thanks again Henni for sharing the demos and gratitude also to all members for your views. In appreciation, Ky

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/19/12 02:00 AM

Hi Ky,

When I find a good thing, I like to share with all my friends. Although in the process over at the Yamaha forum I made quite a few enemies - not hard to understand why though... Funny how the same person that asked for all the info I could give him on the Audya & AJAMSONIC is the same one who insisted that my posts be removed!

Now others over here are discovering that I did not over hype in the least. Some did not believe me, but now they believe Bernies report. I told Bernie he'll be a bit overwhelmed initially - now "overwhelmed" is his EXACT words!

Find it hard to understand why i.e Nitelife gave such a negative feedback on it...

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/19/12 04:29 AM

Hennie,

It is thanks to Nitelife and a few others both on and off this forum who were able to sample version 1 and provide us with adiquate suggestions which you can see we took to heart and included in version 2's revisions and updates. Working with players of all levels and dealers like Frank is what has given us some of the 'innovative' ideas you're now experiencing.

It's about listening to our customers ... Musicians like you.

PS:- we're working on that voice and style's list. For most of the styles, it's intentional as these may have layered voices in other chords (as explained in a previous thread) and we are limited as to how many audio tracks can be used per style! Did you also change/switch your 64.rkb file? If not, all required voices should automatically load when powered on.

Nigel ... You'd definitely enjoy the the Riff and drum solo of this style (where Audya "takes off") plus add ons when say a minor or 7th chord is played in Arranger B and C ... and most of the new Latin styles.

Thanks .

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/19/12 08:52 PM

Hi AJ,

Then please also accept these suggestions from me for future upgrades:

1. Please include more choir voices in the styles as per the Tyros4. I notice that you've already begun this process - just increase it's application if you don't mind.

2. Would it be possible to set these choir voices to not play higher than what sounds for real - i.o.w. can you auto switch the octave lower when they are exceeding their real live limitations?

Unlike others, I'm elated by these choir voices & I can no longer do without them.

But what I find the hardest thus far, is playing the chords in such a way (due do laziness I must admit) that the choir voices sound for real. You'll hear in my demos that I play them much too high in certain places. Yes, I can take care of that by changing my playing technique, but maybe you can program these voices to do so by themselves. (maybe just lower the octave in the higher note samples...) I guess I can experiment with this myself & maybe I will.

3. Some of the style ending drum loops end rather abrupt. Maybe you could rather fade these towards the end - just a suggestion though - sure I can do so myself.

4. Some of your styles do not allow changes to be recorded into the registry file. I have to save these changes to the style itself. I suspect it might have to do with your copy protection to the style. Very awkward when I spend a lot of time making those changes just to realize later on they were not captured in my new registry file - I then have to redo everything and save to style first.

Keep well my friend & tx once again for your STUNNING upgrade,

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/21/12 02:18 AM

Hennie,

Points well noted and valid indeed.

Thanks,

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 10/08/13 09:44 PM

Hi everyone,

Here are some interesting new Ajamsonic Audya demos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQ-tuGMdKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_i4Y4qBgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgQ74HXl0s

Please note: I am still elated by & well pleased with my Ajamsonic upgrade!

All the best my friends,

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/05/13 11:00 PM

Hi all,

The latest from AJAMSONIC.

All the best mates,

Henni

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/05/13 11:01 PM

Hi all,

The latest from AJAMSONIC. Very, very interesting style, highly suited for our specific environment here in the townships of South Africa - GREAT job AJ!

All the best mates,

Henni
Posted by: cwvezina

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/06/13 06:20 AM

Hi AJ, I am a new owner of the Audya and I am very Junior and learning.
How could I get the Ajamsononic? I live in Canada.
Thank you
Claude
Posted by: cwvezina

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/06/13 06:22 AM

Hi Henni,
I am trying to download your files but I keep getting ITune and cannot transfer.

Thank you

Claude

Re: AJAMSONIC Demo's - 11/06/13 07:35 AM

Claude - please send me an email at Ketron_tech@yahoo.com or AjamInc@Gmail.com

We also have a detailed 3.5+hrs DVD Tutorial & Manual we can get for you (more information at www.Ajamsonic.com) which will show you all the ins, tricks and tips on how, where and why ... to use AUDYA!

Thanks,

AJ