SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13452 - 06/15/07 11:26 PM e4xt ultra problem
aaronabeyta Offline

Loc: valencia ca, 91381
help, the screen on my e4xt ultra is stuck trying to read the floppy drive. it wont go back to the main screen. i tried turning it off and on. i unplugged it, then plugged it back in.
please help

#13453 - 06/15/07 11:38 PM Re: e4xt ultra problem
aaronabeyta Offline

the screen on my e4xt ultra, keeps flashing between three things. it says check sum failed, reading flash, initializing,
check sum failed, reading flash, initializing.......
it's stuck doing this over and over. it won't stop. how can i make it stop?
please help

#13454 - 06/19/07 02:23 PM Re: e4xt ultra problem
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
you are lucky I own one of these....

It looks like your flash ram might have lost its data. E-mu still has the operation system disks. The only thing is, im not sure if you need the ram working before a disk can be read. above that, im not sure if yours will read a windows format. Emu's website has good customer response, so I'd check with them on either getting disks, or new flash ram, or whatever the unit needs.

You also need to find out if any of the front panel keys are accidently being pushed, or secretly making contact. Id turn off the machine and hit every button five times. The buttons they use in the machines are downright garbage, and my machine has had them stick before, rendering the unit pretty useless. I unplugged the front panel of my machine and the thing behaved perfectly fine, which is ok as mine has the AT keyboard interface.

#13455 - 06/22/07 05:01 PM Re: e4xt ultra problem
aaronabeyta Offline

im pretty sure my flash ram is toast, ill have to put in a new flash ram.
thanx buddy...
aaron

#13456 - 07/26/07 09:38 PM Re: e4xt ultra problem
aaronabeyta Offline

i fixed it, it was the boot rom. i put in a used boot rom, and evrything is back to normal.

aaron

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online