NOTE: There is still no indication whether anything of the Sonic will transferred to an Arranger Keyboard in the future, but I am sure if demand is there they will think about it. (Also the Arranger would probably be made in China (As is the Pegasus Wing) which means it would cost no more than other TOTL Arrangers)

You can download the Technical Specs here (English translation on Page 2)

Well the European tour is about half way through, (An English tour should be coming later in the year) and we are starting to get some feedback on the Wersi sites, however as they are mostly in German then Google translate needs to be used to get them into English, the downside being that the translations do not always make sense, therefore the following brief roundup is after interpreting the translated text, so may not be totally accurate.

Wersi Sounds and Styles:

If you are thinking of sitting down at the instrument, touching a pre-set and getting the Wersi sound, then you are in for a shock, as they have been relegated to a legacy section, (Which may even be a cost option) in addition while I believe you can load existing Wersi styles into the Sonic, all the ones on the Sonic are new and have been professionally done. (Including the Audio Drums) They have also been designed so that they enhance your playing rather than forcing you to follow what the style dictates. (Not sure whether you can still natively play Yamaha styles though)

The earlier criticism on the European Wersi forums about the lack of any of the voicing and styles to do with the old Wersi being included on the Sonic, now seems to have subsided now that it appears that they will be available in some form.

Pre-Sets etc.:

The instrument is split into 2 modes, (Easy & Professional) with facilities differing in what is available to the user.

Easy mode gives you 3 layers and splits on the upper & lower with 1 layer on the pedal, in addition pressing edit brings up basic editing features for all the layers independently (Sustain, Chorus etc. etc.)

Professional Mode gives you up to 16 layers and splits for all manuals and pedals with overlapping split points if required. Pressing edit brings up real in depth editing capabilities without the need to go to a separate screen to get to it, (As far as I can make out all layers are independent of each other so can have all their own settings) and should be a real tweaks’ paradise. In addition all the drawbars and controls can be assigned to any feature, voice edit etc. thus allowing real time control as is available on most workstations and the more flexible Arrangers out there.

Unlike most OAS7 organs the Sonic does not come with an inbuilt speaker system, thus the price includes a pair of active Vocals floor standing speakers as standard. (NOTE: there have been a few comments that the speakers do not do full justice to the Sonic, so it will be interesting how they progress)

As the Sonic is the first new instrument to be introduced since Music Store bought the Wersi name, it appears it has been voiced for the general population rather than the Wersi/German audience of previous models.

I have also read reports that the manual will be a simple user manual, with demos of the features on the instrument itself,) if so it will certainly be much better than trying to translate an incomprehensible manual.

Hopefully at some time in the future we will actually get demos online, but for now it does look promising.

As mentioned at the beginning I have had to interpret some of the Google translations so all the details I have posted may not be totally correct.

Hope you have found the brief description above interesting, and hopefully it will be transferred to a new arranger keyboard in the future.

Bill