SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304080 - 02/04/06 10:16 AM Saving Edited Voices on PSR 3000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi All,
I need some help again. Being new to the 3K I’m starting to edit voices to suit my taste, and finding the editing capabilities of the keyboard quite good. However, after saving the edited voice to the user file I’m unable save the voice after placing it into the registration for a song. I’ve looked everywhere to find the trick to this simple procedure without success. Help will be greatly appreciated.
Frank

#304081 - 02/09/06 06:39 PM Re: Saving Edited Voices on PSR 3000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hey Frank,

Being new to Yamaha you are learning you must learn to alter your taste rather than suit it. The trick is to be satisfied with what you paid for. I know you now will greatly appreciate what you have had and that is all the help old Grandpa Doug can now offer you. By the way Frank, I still play some of your stuff with your great edited voices at intermission time and the crowd still remarks on the overall quality of the performance.

You can still be proud of your work and many are still enjoying your playing even though they do not know who is playing it. If they ask I tell them it is a friend of mine I have never seen but has a magic finger on his left hand.

Grandpa Doug and his ‘Baby Ruth’ who can still work magic on him with her quiet little smile, My Ruthie.

P.S. Thanks for encourageing me to post on this forum and showing me how to do it. I shall never forget your kindness to an old man.

#304082 - 02/10/06 01:40 PM Re: Saving Edited Voices on PSR 3000
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Yamaha has a quirk, you can save the user voice, but when you put it in a registration it will show the name of the original voice, but it is really your edited voice if you listen.

Not sure if I make sense. You can use your edited voice in your registrations, it's just when you call it up it will show the name of the original voice not the name you gave your edited voice, but it will be using your edited voice.

Marilyn

#304083 - 02/10/06 03:51 PM Re: Saving Edited Voices on PSR 3000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
HI Marilyn and Grandpa,
Grandpa it’s good to know that Ruthie’s biggest challenge is still out there playing. It must be good for her that you aren’t at home all the time. In any case thank you for the kind words. You may be right, but I can’t be satisfied with the god- offal Yamaha voices. All my spare moments are spent trying to help those sad saxophones and screeching fiddles sound like real instruments. While I continue to record on the 7K, the PSR 3000 does the trick in the weight and style department. The Technics has just become too heavy for me to move. Now getting out on the weekends to jam with friends is fun.
Marilyn, your explanation is quite clear even if the logic of how it works doesn’t make any sense. I got the same info from a former Technics player on another forum a few days ago. It has encouraged me to continue to edit away. In any case it was nice to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time.
Frank

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online