SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304181 - 02/22/06 01:19 PM Tyros2: Unable to save "MicSettings" into Reg Memory
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
For some strange reason I'm unable to save any of the following Tyros2 "Mic Settings" (mic setting button > tab to: 'overall settings') into Registration (1-8) Memory:

3 Band EQ:
EQ Low: both freq & db gain settings
EQ Mid: both freq & db gain settings
EQ High: both freq & db gain settings

Noise Gate:
SW: on/off
TH: db gain setting

Compressor:
SW: on/off
TH: db gain setting
Ratio: setting
Out: setting

Mic Mute: on/off

PLEASE NOTE: I made certain that the check box next to "mic settings" in Reg Memory 'CONTENTS' was checked (enabled) prior to attempting to save th above mic settings into Reg (1-8), and that I have OS version 1.11 installed on my Tyros2. In addition: I've spoken with several other Tyros2 owners who concur that they too are experiencing the exact same problem.

The ability to store one's custom 'mic settings' in Reg (1-8) is very important, as it enables us to recall different custom mic settings specifically tailored for different songs or performance genres. I sincerely hope that Yamaha Japan will see fit to include the above 'Mic Settings" for to be included for saving in REG Memory in an OS update asap.

Thanks in advance for any insight & help regarding this.

Scott

#304182 - 02/24/06 05:59 AM Re: Tyros2: Unable to save "MicSettings" into Reg Memory
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Scott, Are you sure you used to be able to do this on the T1? - There are a number of user memories to save your EQ and Compression settings to which you can recall but once set I'm not sure why you would want to change these for different songs!

I have only ever stored harmoniser and effects settings into registrations myself.

Regards - Keith

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online