Hi All,
I just got my new Aiwa AM-C80 MiniDisc Recorder yesterday and tried it out for the first time today. WOW, I really "LOVE IT"! I was amazed 'how small' and 'lightweight' this device is. I recorded a sample of my music (vocals with Technics KN5000 played live) and was immediately impressed with both the fantastic sound (near CD) quality and it's ease of operation.

I particularly like the 'illuminated blue LCD display' on the base unit itself, which makes it SO EASY to view, especially during onstage performance. It also comes with an illuminated remote control unit but for gig recording, I don't think I will need it because the tiny Aiwa can easily sit right on the keyboard for quick "ilumminated" viewing and easy access to its' control buttons.

I now want to share a sample of my music (my vocals along with KN5000 Keyboard playing) with you (my friends) on this forum. To do this, I need to convert my Minidisc songs into MP3 files. Can you guys please recommend the best way to do this?

I have the analog 'audio out (stereo)' on my MiniDisc Recorder connected to the analog 'audio in (stereo)' on my PC (Hewlett Packard Pavilion 6630). I asume that I need to create a WAV file first and then create an MP3 file from this. True? Is there a single software program which can perform both of these functions? I would appreciate help and and assistance with this. What software program(s) are recommended for both creating a WAV file as well as creating MP3 files? All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Scott