In the summer, I go to a lot of concerts (especially since they’re all free). After a while, you notice the same words, phrases, actions repeated over and over again. I use the word “creativity” again when I say.....can’t you come up with something new to say?

But then again, I’m the only one it seems to bother. But then again I notice at many of these concerts the people aren’t there for the music. They’re there to picnic, rap with each other, have a tailgate party, smoke pot, or just plain they don’t want to be home.

Sayings I'm tired of hearing as follows:

How is everyone doing out there tonight (standard opening line)?
It’s great to be playing here in the town of (uh….hmmm…) Pottersville?
Everybody put your hands in the air (Sweet Caroline, Old Time Rock & Roll essentials, etc).
There’s a dance floor here in front of us. Let’s see you come up and move around.
How are you all doing out there? (at mid-performance to keep the electricity in the air)
Remember this song? Remember that song? Remember this? Remember that? (no, I can’t remember anything....I’m on Prozac!)

and then that mush mush where the guitarists put their tush tush together....rub...and gaze in each others eyes…..especially when it’s two men!

So……what irks you that gets repeated constantly at every concert?

Mark the questionable music critic