I've had it a few hours.
I played it as it was for an hour or so, and loved the new guitar, sax and piano sounds. It had a few glitches, like changing styles without my telling it to.
I stopped and installed the new Operating System. It took about four minutes and went exactly as it was supposed to.
This stopped the glitches, and it appears to be working perfectly in all aspects now.
I have slightly altered the e.q. settings. I plugged in mic and set everything to automatic. It analyses your voice and adjusts everything for you, just as the 3X did. Mic sounds great, and harmony does too. Default reverb is awesome. I haven't even checked to see what it is set to.
There are some differences in the way it does things regarding Registrations. For one thing they aren't called Registrations, but rather Set Lists. On first glance I like the way it works a lot. I have not tried to use my old Songbook entries; I'll just start over. It takes only about a minute to find settings, and save an entry. I only had about 50 or so set up in the last 3X I had.
There are lots of things that are saved automatically in the Global mode, so no need to do extra steps. The PA900 had gone in that direction as well. For example I plugged in my EC5 foot controller, went to the screen, assigned everything the way I wanted and it was done. No Save step needed.
I put locks on the Split Point, Fingering Modem Mic settings and a couple of other items.
I set one of the programmable buttons for Text/next. I can lift my finger to scroll text. I left the other two buttons to do the sound nuances in the DNC voices. There are lots of new ones and they sound great.
I plugged a Yamaha FC7 into the Damper port and it works fine. Not sure if I will even need the other programmable pedal slot since I have the EC5.
I will have to make changes to the factory Set Lists if I want to use them, and delete the ones I don't want. They are calling up left hand voices I don't want to use for one thing. A matter of seconds! It uses the same menu as the Songbook, so no new learning curve there.
It's a truly great operating system.
More later when I need another break. I'm writing this while eating leftover Gumbo. It gets better the second and third day. The Gumbo I mean. I hope the 4X does too! I'm a happy guy right this minute. Maybe nothing bad will pop up.