After listening to several demos of different types of arrangers on You Tube, I've come to believe that the biggest difference in sound in arrangers, has to do with how the sound is reproduced with external speakers.

Any arranger I've had the opportunity to play, has sounded a lot better when played through a decent PA system.

The stuff I read about this arranger has better sounding brass, that one better sounding drums, piano sounds are best on this arranger etc...

It seems these voices/styles are a lot more effected by the PA system/external speaker system used than whatever arranger is used.

To me, it seems, folks are much more in favor of Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Audya or whatever more so based on familiarity with the layout and functions than whether or not a particular arranger has a little bit better piano sound or whatever sound is supposed to be better.

I'm a fan of Taylor acoustic guitars; have owned many models of this guitar. I've also owned Martin, Goodall and a few higher end hand built guitars. I would hear from others, ad nauseum, how Taylor sounded better, played better than Martin etc. Truth is, a good guitar, no matter the brand plays and sounds good.

And when it comes to the audience, I've found very few who could tell the difference in one instrument from the other.

I'm thinking some day I might try to own a Korg PA 4X. The reasons I would like to experience Korg have nothing to do with the fact that it might 'sound' better than my Yamaha or another type of arranger...cause I'm guessing there's not much difference in sound.

The reason I would like to try the Korg is more about its physical size(since I think it's close to the size of my PSR keyboard) the way the arranger is laid out, and it's workflow.

Thoughts?