... KARAOKE singer ... a sax player friend of mine introduced me to this female vocalist who was looking for someone to work with her ... the guy who was doing it passed away a couple of weeks ago at the age of 68 ... So today I went to her place with my kb and worked on some stuff ... she has a great voice and really liked what could be done with the kb, but also said that some of the NH/AL places she has gigs at do not have room enough for all the equipment and asked if I would mind singing to backing tracks ... so we tried a bunch of tunes and Friday I am playing a gig with her - SINGING TO BACKING TRACKS - no kb, her speaker system, just me and my mic ... she will sing 8 songs, and I will sing 8 songs, switching off after 4 songs each (we have a couple of others ready if we need them) ... we are also doing a duet of the Neil Diamond/Barbara Streisand song "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" ... ?!?
The $$ aren't as much as I would usually make, but she has the gigs, the backing tracks, the system, and I just have to bring my mic and sing 8 songs !!! laugh2 ... you just NEVER know ...
singer