I've slacked off, but over time, I've placed lots of calls to members here. Every call has been enjoyable.

It it always surprises me how much more meaningful it is to put a voice to an email or photo.

This is certainly true of a return call I got from Fran yesterday. Early on, I dubbed UD, Donny and Fran the "terrible trio"...on the surface, just not my favorites.

Then, Uncle Dave came down to visit, and I have had several enjoyable conversations with Donny. I even "honored" Fran with a "Kentucky nugget" I sent to him via UD (read that, a thoroughbred horse turd encased in plastic).

Out of the blue, I called Fran several times
yesterday, and missed him.

His call back was GREAT! That feeling of talking to a long-time buddy immediately surfaced. I regretted having to cut the conversation short to get to a gig (it was on HIS nickel, don't you know LOL)!

My lesson to myself, first; then to others here is, when you are frustrated or in a "d***-bumping" contest with someone, just
PICK UP THE PHONE!

The internet is invaluable, but "old school" conversations add that extra dimension. As my friend Diki says, he believes that even among the most confrontational of us, we could sit down across the table and enjoy a beer, coffee...whatever, and cordial conversation.

Now, while I still won't wear a chicken hat, I'll actually smile at the silly (sometimes) rantings of three OK dudes and long-time friends, even though they are from the (UGH) NORTH (LOL)!. They may be doing things differently than I, but I'll be the first to admit, I'm in the minority. We're as different as can be, but share a common bond; now strengthened via a closer connection.

Thanks a lot, Fran. Let's keep in touch!

Russ