I was able to really have some fun with this keyboard last night at a Guitar Center in RI. I actually listened to almost every style using primarily Intro 1.

I currently own a tyros 2 and I'm looking to add a 2nd arranger. I'm gonna get either the PA800 or the Pa2x Pro.

I reviewed this PA800 on the synth Zone forum about 2 years ago. It was loaded with very first operating system. I didn't understand it too much. That combined with the really underwhelming OS was cause for a lousy review.

I have to retract almost all the negatives I had previously stated in that review.

Some of the things I really loved:
1. The styles are much more live sounding.

2. It blew me away when I got 2 different intros based upon starting in a major or a minor chord.

3. The fills are much better than the yamaha line.

4. The organs are much better than the yamaha

5. The digital touch screen draw bars were great.

6. The sts settings were thought out very well. Great Voices by default. The ability to quickly edit them is awesome.

7. I've always loved the brass instruments on the Tyros 2. But the brass ensemble or brass sections or fat analog brass smoke the yamaha.

8. The ability to quickly mute voices that make up sts ( r1,r2,r3 ) by the press of a button.

9. The Rock Bank are some of the best I've ever heard on any arranger.

10. The TC Helicon Harmony is incredible for an included option.

11. Dual sequencer and midi player (BTW, SMF's sound way better on the korg)

Those were just a few of the things I really liked. There are many more. If you want to know just PM me.

Things I weren't crazy about but not deal breakers.
1. Smaller screen than the Tyros 2 not as many colors either.

2. 1/4 " input for the microphone on the PA800

3. Long Time to power up.

4. Onboard Styles are scattered around and not always in the bank you think they might be in.

5. Having only 1 row of style buttons. multiple button presses to get to other categories.

6. Not a huge fan of the blue case on the PA800. The Pa2xpro is Gorgeous!

7. Much less 3rd. part styles available

There were a few other little things that were no big deal.

Hope this helps anyone who hasn't tried one yet.

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.myspace.com/kidconcert
www.balloonanimal.com
www.jokevid..com
www.77bucks.com Affordable web design