It was bound to happen someday..

10 minutes to 3..my band member called me and asked where I was..thinking I was on the road..

Turns out the gig was 3-7 and not the usual 8-12 at this location...Apparently the house booked a private party....and I plum missed the time period...Breakfast with Donny..didn't help..

So I told him I would leave as I was....It would take 2 and a half hours to get there..plus set up..I would be "SUPER LATE"..
He called back and said our customer was livid...so don't bother driving down...

Lesson to be learned..when you are a band member..you should always be in contact with each other about schedules prior to gig day...especially with the member that makes the band work.. .

Also , I have stressed for years the need for a back up..in case I can not make it..after all 120 miles away every night...odds are..there will be a situation as this..

I supplied the band with a backup CD for such an emergency..Stu ..my lead singer..did not have it with him..Just a simple player and the CD would have got them through my messed up no show..I even had it loaded on a Zune for him too...but he did not have the Zune with him either...No excuse..he lives 10 minutes from the location..He could have ran home and saved the day...but decided[feared] he could not pull it off...

I hope I don't forget tomorrow's gig..