My previous experience has been with the JBL Eon10 G2s.

There really is no comparison. The Maxx 2As weigh 4lbs more, and they are bigger. The specs put them at 2" taller and same depth and width. In reality they are 2" taller, but being more rectangular and box-like, they are bulkier.

They are 250 watts versus 175 for the Eon10s. These are just as loud at 6 o'clock on the volume pentometer as the JBLs are at 9 o'clock.

I am playing these with a PSR S-900 which has onboard speakers, so my impression is slightly colored by having the same sound coming from the PSR-S900.

The FBT Maxx 2as have a much deeper bass response. It's as if there was a subwoofer in the room. Not too bassy, but you just hear the sound of the bass much more prominently. The JBLs frequency response is 90hz-16,000khz. The Maxx 2As response is 50hz-20,000khz. The only difference I have heard is the deeper bass. I haven't listened to them by themselves A/B, but I will do that soon.

The Maxx 2As don't have as big of an angle when on the floor. They point up at a 40 degree angle from the ground as opposed to a 60 degree angle for the JBLs. I like the JBL angle better.

The Maxx bags are actually covers. I prefer the JBL speaker bags that have zippers, because I can keep my power cable and audio cable plugged into the speaker when I put it in the bag.

The 4lb increase in weight is not noticeable, and I think that the sacrifices I have mentioned are worth it, especially since I will be prepared for much larger venues than before.

Beakybird