Hi I have had an PSR 2001 for the past 3 years, still an amature, some minor gigs but getting into it. I have a great sound system hooked up the KB to the subwoofer of the Logitech Z-2300 with 2 Yorkville 100wt commercial type speakers. Great Sound. I just play the styles that came with the KB and recently downloaded the Tyros 1 styles converted for the PSR 2100.

TOday i had the opportunity of being offered a Tyros 1 in mint condition for a difference of approx $1000US. So far so good. However, to be totally honest; except for the odd mega voices and a few different styles - my PSR 2100 is still quite impressive....is it me? am I loosing it?

I once read the PSR2100 was a great KB built by Yamaha. I also sampled the PSR3000 again with the usb internet features didn't see much difference. I cater to an audience over 45 - I think its all in HOW to put on a show not the what you have to show. Maybe I'm wrong or perhaps I did'nt setup the Tyros 1 correctly.

I respect and vaule the comments and feedback from these great forums and would appreciate an honest opinion. I just was not blow over by the difference in the Tyros 1 vs by PSR 2100.

Regards, Dr. J

P.s. Also posted this on SVP World & PSR Tutorial