I’ve run into a problem trying to use a SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive
(512 MB) with a Tyros 2. I’ve had no problem using an SD memory card reader/writer connected into the USB port of the T2. So I know the T2 USB port is working OK.

It seems that the SanDisk Flash Drive is factory partitioned and appears as two drives to a computer. In fact it shows up both as a drive G and drive H on my PC. When connected to the USB port of the T2, it is also seen as two drives, USB1 and USB2. When I try to format USB1, I end up getting a blue screen and having to reboot the T2 system. If I try to reboot USB2, the T2 tells me there is no device present, even though it gives an indication that one is present by assigning it a USB number. This is the second USB Flash Drive of this type I’ve tried and I’ve gotten the same results both times.

I’ve formatted the drive on my PC but have not figured out how to remove the partition, if that is even possible on that device. Has anyone else experienced what I’ve described above? I spoke to Scott Yee a few days ago and he assured me that he has a number of Flash Drives, including the SanDisk Cruzer and they all work just fine with the T2. He did allow as that he may have reformatted the drive and possibly gotten rid of the partition. I was unable to accomplish that. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Paul C.