No surprise here. The Tyros has nothing to get me excited about except the quality of the drum sounds and styles. I still can't play the Yamaha AI chords, and refuse to relearn full fingered left hand chords at this age. I'll never need to play in a trio where I need to do that.

I had one here today to set up for a friend, so here's my review - based on 4 hrs or so of hands on experience.

1)better feel than the 2000, but not fabulous. The keys have a short travel distance to the bottom, just like the psr9k. never cared for that feel, but it IS better than the 2k.

2)drums are excellent. Maybe the best I've heard....even keel with the impact of the Ketron sounds,but better patterns and fills.

3)Grand piano is still a little weak for my taste. Doesn't play as well as the 9kpro. I even prefer the PA80 grand for expression.

4)VERY nice screen. Great info, but the tempo window is teeny-tiny.

5)transpose buttons are too close to the TEMPO buttons. Accidents waiting to happen.

6) we loaded 49 sequences into the internal memory before it filled up. NOt bad for internal.

7)Too much $$$$ for the extras you get over the 2100...I think

8)didn't play with the mic input, but I expect it to be comparable to the 2100....and that's pretty good.

9)reads from floppies very fast. Button placement is good. Case is too big and long. There should be built in speakers. Not the heavy boxes from the 9k, but the lightweight deals from the 2100.

** I liked it. The mega guitars are wonderful, but often WAY too loud in the arranger mix. Need loads of tweaking there.
If there was no alternative to the Ty, then it would sell better, but as long as the 2100 holds up...it will steal some potential customers. It's not worth twice the money for my taste, and it's still a SLIENT SLAB ! Arrrggggg

Hope you all love your Tys, but I think it was only slightly more than a lateral move over the 2k series. I'd rather have a 9kpro anyday.