Hello

I'd love to hear from those of you who have been able to compare the Tyros and the KN7000 and/or the PSR2000/2100 vs the new KN2400/2600.

I own a PSR2000 and am considering the new KN2600 to give me variety and also a backup. I have also played the Tyros, and even though I think it sounds great, I'm thinking most people in an audience along with all the commotion going on and with the sounds coming through a PA wouldn't notice any difference between a 2000/2100 and a Tyros. So for less of an investment and variety and a backup, I'm thinking this may be THE combination to have.

I suppose I won't know for sure until I get my hands on the new Technics, but your input could I'm sure give me some ideas to consider.

One thing I have noticed is that the demo's I hear on the internet make the Tyros sound fantastic, the KN7000 demos sound not so good IMHO. It seems to be a combination of the original sound of the KB along with how it was recorded and being played back. I am guessing by what I think I hear that the Technics method of recording the demo's gives an inferior sound compared to what it sounds like live, whereas, it seems that Yamaha really knows how to get the best sounding demo's sparring no expense in the recording process and that their demo's sound pretty much like what their intruments sound like live.

I realize it can be very misleading going by demo's on the web. I remember hearing the Korg PA80 demo, and I couldn't get over how great it sounded and thought I would just HAVE to have one. Although I did wonder how much of there demo was live play or multi sequenced. As I am really only interested in live play, the other features don't really make any difference to me. Anyway, IMHO the PA80 live did not sound as good as their demo, by far and being very kind in these statements, not to mention their 300 page rocket scientist owners manual.

Any input would be as always greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Scott Langholff