Hello

I now own a PSR2000 which I think is great regardless of price. I have tried the Tyros three times and love it and wanting it mucho.

However, right now I am trying out a Korg PA60 which I thought I used to want because of the great styles. I have considered getting the PA60 also as a backup, to have other styles and sounds etc.

The local music store wants to dump this PA60 because they feel there is no market for it here, and because it's so hard to operate. They think I'm about the only one that could make use of it. They want to sell it to me at dealer cost which is $960.

I have been trying it through my JBL EONS10 G2's. And I literally hate the sound. The 2K has a mixer and the Korg doesn't. Yet the 2K sounds fine flat. The Korg sounds ugly. I suppose a mixer would help some but I have a suspision it won't change the sound that much.

I am not sure why I am not liking this thing. I am not sure if I am spoiled by the PSR2000 and Tyros sounds or what. Now that I think of it I heard a PA80 through speakers only once and it didn't sound good. I thought it was maybe not the best amp for it, but now I'm beginning to wonder.

Any suggestions on how to give the Korg the fairest shot I can? I am suprised because of all the hype about the Triton sounds they are supposed to be using and some of the good players that are using a PA60/80. Are our ears that much different or what.

Perhaps you can read between the lines here and give me some suggestions. It's a great price if I could use it and enjoy it. Although that Tyros sounds soooo good and is sooo easy to operate.

Thanx for the input

Scott Langholff