I'm finding that I can use a PSR9000 definition file with Sonar v2.0 to select a lot of the Live, Sweet and Cool sounds from the 9000 Pro, but I cannot apply insertion effects or edit the drums with Sonar. For that, I have to switch over to XGWorks v3.07 and be careful not to un-select the sounds I set with Sonar because I can't select them with XGWorks. Apprently there is no definition file (or "Model Setup") for the 9000 Pro in the current version of XGWorks and you can't make your own. The closest model setup in XGWorks, for the PSR9000, does not allow me to select the sounds that I can with the Sonar PSR9000 instrument definition file. I asked Yamaha tech support if a 9000 model setup was available for XGWorks and they have not responded. So I am currently forced to pick the sounds I want with Sonar, save the midi file, then add insertion effects and do drum edits with XGWorks. Does anyone have any better ideas? I can't be the first one to run into this, right? What sequencer programs are you guys using with the 9000 Pro? Do any programs besides XGWorks allow you to work with the insertion effects?

Thanx...

Esh

http://www.mp3.com/esh