I have just recorded another song: the beautiful "My way", sung by so many great artists. For this song I have used only the SD1, starting from the choice of the style (DownBeat). The song features the Night Sax, a beautiful choir made of several layered voices and a powerful string ensemble (again multi-layered) plus a few other things that concur to the overall sound. The choice of the instruments and also the arrangement are dictated by the keyboards you use; with the VA7 I'd have used different instruments and of course a different style too (more aggressive maybe). After recording this song I can say that the SD1 has very good strings, especially in the mid range and bass frequencies. I am sorry if the song is rather long (about 4 minutes), but in this case we are dealing with a "classic" and I really couldn't do a "condensed" version...
I would like to dedicate this song to our great Uncle Dave, because I have always thought that it would be very appropriate to his voice.
Please, let me know what you think.
By the way, I am about to record a Rhytm & Blues number, but don't know if anyone is interested in this Forum; again, let me know (in any case I have another song for the Mohawks and a couple of Santana tunes almost ready in my mind...)
Thanks,
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html