I think arrangers should allow pattern chaining integrated into the sequencer. On the professional synths you can create patterns and chain them together rather quicky. I find that making fills can be quite a pain sometimes using the style sequencers on the current models. Pattern chaining is so easy and efficient too... On one of my former synths I was able to create a pattern, and make up to 50 variations of that pattern. Then I could go into the song sequencer and chain them together in any order. What makes it so nice is that you can choose which measure you want the patterns to start,stop and so forth. It even had independent track looping.. Meaning each track could have it's own loop setting. You could make a 4 measure drum track, 2 measure bass line and so on... It would be so nice to have this option on arrangers too. I still think that GEM has the most versitile sequencers in all arrangers, and it would be cool to see this feature added to later models...

Squeak

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 04-08-2002).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.