Can anyone advise me about how the different top-end arranger keyboards handle this situation?: While performing live, I want to create a spontaneous chord progression, loop it, then add a full-range piano over top (or maybe some other solo instruments, such as jazz guitar in right hand, piano comping in left), while the arranger keeps playing. Then once this is all happening, I need to be able to walk out from behind the keyboard while it continues playing on its own, Then stand in front of the audience and perform a live instrument solo over top (or sometimes I need to talk to the audience while the keyboard keeps playing quietly behind me). Also the ability to change arrangement variations during this time is a big plus. After I jam, or talk, then I need to be able to go back behind the keyboard, resume playing live, shut off the arranger chords so I can modify the progression, all on the fly. This needs to be done seamlessly, as though a live band were playing and jamming spontaneously the whole time. I do one-man jazz & praise and worship concerts, and used to use a Roland E-86 that allowed me to do most of this. Now I just bought an SD1 which I will probably keep, if it suits my needs.

Is it possible to do all this on the SD1? What about the other arranger keyboards? How do they handle this? What about vocalization harmony? Can it be looped also? I'm hoping that now, with the vocalization technology, I can be even more effective in a live worship setting. If any members have some experience with this type of application, "jamming with yourself" while playing live out front while your keyboard backs you up, I'd like to hear about it. Also, can two sets of footswitches be hooked up, so I can operate fills and variations from out front, or from the keyboard, as needed? Thanks, and God bless! ~Salamat, from Steve K in Toronto