is difficult to conceive, but one of the reasons is I do the cooking, cleaning, laundry, landscaping, grocery shopping, and still take her to a fine dining restaurant once a week or more.

Tonight, I prepared Hassleback Potatoes and grilled NY strip steak on the gas grill.

I continuously try to learn new and exciting recipes, and there is no better place to find them than You Tube. It's here where I discovered a way to take a tough cut of steak, and make it so tender you can cut it with a fork. NY strip is by no means fillet mignon, but tenderizing it is really easy. Just coat the steak with about 1/8-inch of sea salt, and allow it to sit at room temperature for one hour for every inch of thickness. Worked like a charm.

After rinsing the salt off the steak, pat it dry with paper towels, then add some Montreal Steak Seasoning, and coat with Yoshida Gourmet Sauce, which is a ginger teriyaki glaze that is also good for chicken and pork. Of course, like most upscale restaurants, a pat of button on the steak goes a long way in adding flavor.

As for the Hassleback Potatoes, check out the vid:

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (12/17/19 07:46 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)