While there’s a lot of heat about SX900 (can I say it in English?.. I don’t say it in Russian…)…

my PSR-S950 is in a service with a broken pitch bend wheel (the better guitars – the more use of this thing)

and although I have now Juno DS I find that it’s not fun to be without an arranger. What’s the use to have such voices like flute of saxophone if you have no styles? These are monophonic instruments, they require backing.

So I appreciate now that I had PSR-3000 fixed earlier (contract strip, of course). Now I’m all for hoarding. Although I had thoughts of selling all (3) my instruments in order to buy a single new one. The idea of inviting people to my house kinda stopped me from that, but, also, I had doubts that it was a good idea at all. And when you face the fact that everything brakes sooner or later and it takes time to get it fixed – your opinion about hoarding changes.

What I like about PSR-3000 comparing it to S950 is that it has aux out (RCA) with level fixed. I can adjust the level of internal speakers and it doesn’t affect this output. It also has a usual output such as on S950. Also, plastic buttons still work like new, while S950 is surely has its problems with rubber ones (I’m also having contacts cleaned again).

Still, S950 is surely offers more when it comes to voices (therefore – styles), and I feel that enough time has passed to expect the same difference between S950 and SX900.

But I remember how after I bought S950 a new S670 appeared and I realized that it might be more suitable for my needs for less money. But it won’t be a first time if Yamaha decides to make its successor less powerful. It’s also a high time for Korg to introduce a replacement for PA300.

Anyway, these are my new videos of PSR-3000: