I got a new laptop, a small, lightweight Sony Vaio. Has 8gb RAM, 500gb hard drive. I5 processor. 14" screen. Very light. The screen will fold and lay flat and you can use it like touchscreen. I wanted something I could put lyrics on, as well and use as a teleprompter for gigs.

I was considering the Surface Pro. I wanted something light but which had real computing power. Both do. I wanted something I could hook up a large 24" monitor to because my day job stuff, I look at maps constantly. This and the Surface both have HDMI.

This little guy is pretty impressive, yet if I can't get the screen to go brighter, it's probably a deal killer. It's a good screen, just not bright enough and I have it maxed out. I have clicked every setting there is. I love this keyboard, it is SO well layed out and has backlit keys, which is wonderful. I am surprised this screen won't get any brighter.

I wanted something with at least 8gb RAM. This has just that. This one was cheaper than the Surface.

---

Anyone use Outlook for email? I have used it in the past but not for about 5 years, at least. I have used Gmail. It's kind of quirky. I need something with powerful features for followup, archiving and such. Wondering if Outlook is the ticket.

Thanks if you have any comments. I bought MS Office but failed to get the version with Outlook. Can swap it out if I decide to use Outlook.