I love it when the newscasters get on TV and make brash claims about an economic recovery. Yep, everything's find and dandy, but no one's paychecks are increasing, therefore the bleeding-heart, liberal press calls this a jobless recovery - yeah, right!

Today, I got a call from an AD who just began working at a place I've been performing at for the past decade. "Gary, we have to make some adjustments because our budget just got cut 30 percent. We would like you to play just 75 percent of the normal time and reduce your fee by 25-percent."

I explained that it just doesn't work that way. I went on to explain that my cost per job does not change, even if the job only lasted 5 minutes. It took a while to get through to her, but after a while she finally comprehended that gasoline, equipment cost, insurance, wear and tear on the car and equipment, etc..., are identical no matter how long the job entails.

We came to an agreement. I cut two jobs out of the 12 I had booked for that facility for the year, and the rate of compensation would remain the same for the remaining jobs. I get a couple extra days off per year, and I can fill them in at other facilities that I've been putting off for a while because of scheduling constraints from existing clients.

Now, she did say that when special events come up, I will be the first person she will be calling for entertainment. Family days, corporate events, etc..., and I anticipate my phone will be ringing.

So, Obama and the bleeding-heart, liberal press can say anything they wish about an economic recovery, but those major corporations that keep OMB NH circuit performers working are not experiencing that economic windfall in this part of the world.

Thought I would pass this information along to others that may or have encountered similar problems.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)