... I had gigs at the same assisted living place on Monday and Wednesday this week ... figuring it was St. Patrick’s and St. Joseph’s days I prepared appropriately with Irish and Italian songs ... Monday went well and was well received, but I felt it ‘dragged’ a little, so Tuesday I added some regular upbeat tunes to the playlist ...
Wednesday, I go to a different unit and the whole place is decorated for EASTER !!! ... and a sign says : “Family Bunny Hop Tea with music by Tony Madalone” ... I figured there are only 3 ‘Easter’ songs I could play and OK, I have my OLD fake book, and Easter Parade must be in it - but NO!!! ... so I get all set up and I ask the AD of the unit if I can get access to a PC ... I look up wikifonia and D/L Easter Parade, I google Peter Cottontail and get the lyrics and chords, and I figured I could fake the ‘Bunny Hop’ ... I start playing my playlist and a few songs in, without warning, in comes somebody in a FULL Easter bunny costume, handing out candy eggs ... so I go right into Peter Cottontail ... it was a big hit ...
The www of the internet is a WONDERFUL thing ... grin ... The AD told me she will e-mail me a list of the 'themes' she plans for the rest of my gigs there this year ...