I made the decision to give the MediaStation a try on a regular "gig"...

After trying to gig with the PA800 for a month...I figured what the "heck"..let me see what happens with the MS..

Surprise!!!!!..Last night on stage...not a single glitch..(I would have had a couple with the Korg.. smile ).

The MS's media player is far superior to the PA800 MP3 player..It is easier to use and it neatly changes the title of a tune to red...letting you know ..you played it already..

I use "tracks" with the band, and the MS was ideal last night...Another go tonight, and see how things go..

The 1 gig (size) acoustic piano, I use on the MS is one of the best I have used...and the Native Instruments B4 takes care of the organ stuff..The giga library handles most of the other sounds I use..

For the rarely need of "style" play..the MS is ready with the few styles I may need to use...None were needed last night (par for the course)..

I noticed a difference in sound quality (audio) coming from the MediaStation..compared to the Korg..The MS has a high quality sound card..

The staple sounds I use with tracks..piano, EP, organ, bass, guitar, strings and brass..are all better on the MS compared to the PA800..

The only thing I missed about the PA800..it weighs half what the MS does grin

Last night I ran directly from the MS to the Podium speakers (stereo)..all mixing was done on the MS..making it an easy set up....(one minute boot up time was the same as the Korg)

Editing on the fly was just as bad on the MS as the Korg...(I really miss the G70 here)....but....The band needs a MP3/wav player smile

If the MS works well again tonight and next week..I will give it a run at the CrabTrap next month..as long as I can leave it on stage... smile

To be honest I really expect that I will miss the G70 with a laptop....and will be hauling the MS back to the studio smirk

Edited by Fran Carango (04/23/11 10:07 AM)