cool

I purchased the best all around laptop I could find (Toshiba)..Prior to this powerhouse laptop, I experimented with netbooks..but they lacked the power to do what I wanted(run VST's and multitask).The Toshiba 13.3 screen, Intel Core2 P8400 PCU, answered the bell, and has runned flawlessly for almost 2 years..

Reading what I like about the Roland BK-7m..primarily an unlimted song library (depending on the size of the drive), capable of extracting chords from SMF's, and changing the key of audio files on the fly..I decided to revisit my laptop set ups..

I use MixCraft5 as a VST host..MC5 allows me to run multiple VST's set up as combinations and zones, playable from a single zone midi controller if I wanted to use a limited keyboard (A-33).
I have the option to use Arranger Live, Live Styler, One Man Band, or Jammer Live for my arranger needs..They are mapped out and ready to run.

I used GNMIDI to extract the chords from my "go to" SMF library (3,200 songs)...It took GNMIDI about 2 minutes to do it (batch)..

I can use my sound banks on the laptop or connect the Prelude or G70 as the sound source (via USB)..
This option allows me to benefit from chord read, when using the 17 pound Prelude.. smile

I use KaraFun to play my files ..especially the audio files..MP3, Wave,CDG..and if I want SMF (usually VanBasco)too...transpose and tempo are ready to use in real time...I also have my Toshiba set up to run an external screen, when I need/want one..

In essence, after batch running my selected group of SMF;s, I already have the sought after tools..that will do the job of the BK-7m....and about the same foot print..with a full view screen..

Sure is great to have so many options.. cool