I'll keep it short. Bought a Dell refurbished Latitude D620 laptop with WinXP. I must have a stand alone PC due to two biz programs that don't support MAC. I have been using Imac for awhile now. Don't say, dual boot... there are printing problems with this with the two biz software programs.

So, I bought the laptop and it's no good. Mousepad doesn't work, DVD drive broke, bad screen, etc. I will send it back. But I gotta have a PC right now, I cannot wait until October 22 when Win7 comes out. I have posted befor eabout my reservation with Vista. But I can buy any number of machines this right now locally with Vista. I am not aware of any WinXP machines locally.

Anticipating that Win7 will be as good as they say it is, what do you think about buying a Vista laptop, anticipating doing the upgrade to Win7. I would look for a free upgrade, I think I have seen deals like that. Bottom line is I gotta buy either a WinXP machine (which likely means ordering online) or buy a Vista machine locally.