I'll be a one armed entertainer after the first of the year due to upcoming shoulder surgery. With my left arm out of commission for at least 3-4 months, and gigs lined up, arranger mode will be out of the question. I've decided on going with mp3s and will be creating a few hundred songs, minus RH playing, into mp3 songs over the next few weeks.

What I haven't decided is what equipment I'll need. I usually play the SD5, but with limited lifting, something lighter will be needed. Two thoughts I've come up with:

1. The new Roland GW-8 - 13 lbs, mp3 playback, playlists, inexpensive... not bad... and leaning in this direction.

2. Roland E09 - 16 lbs and even less expensive. Combined with one of the new mini laptops for Winamp plus lyrics mp3 playback.

I haven't heard either of these boards, but I'm only in need of some nice RH voices. I believe neither has mic or aux inputs.

A third option would be a midjay plus light-weight controller. I understand the midjay lyric display is difficult, however. And this would be the most costly option for something that may last for only 6 - 12 months (hopefully).

An important criteria is playlist creation plus quick song selection from a 200 - 300 song list. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Glenn