Just wanted to post and interesting (and very pleasing) discovery about the G70 ver 3.

To set the story up... As I have posted before, I managed to luck onto a really cheap G70 that was an ex-factory demo at a Roland clearance sale.

Well it turns out this thing must have been on the first shipment to OZ...Keys scratched and a bit soft.. scratches and deep stains on the fascia panel and end cheeks, lots of scratches on the bottom, no stand, Manual that looked like it had been through the washing machine..etc etc.

To top it off it also had op sys 1.00 whihc also made me think it was one fo teh first ones ot arrive!! I dutifully upgraded it to 3.0...

Anyhoo... I complained long and loud to the dealer, although to be fair it was not his fault as we both ordered it sight unseen, and went on the word of the Roland rep.

We both agreed this keyboard was at best a poor s/hand version, and not really an ex-demo..

Again, long story short, Roland agreed (after much to-ing and fro-ing) to replace it with a brand new one for the SAME PRICE!!! Woohoo. Interestingly the box AND the keyboard BOTH were sporting V3 stickers.

But when I switched it on, the sound was incredible, very very good and better in fact that the other one I had with version 3 that I had installed .

Perhaps the factory update also sets up all the EQ's??

You also get an addendum which adds the V2/V3 reference pages, (with VERY good Guitar Mode and Style Convertor instruction pages btw).

I did a quick scan through the styles, they sound so, much better it was amazing...

The only thing I can think of is the "per-part" eq engine that comes with V3, and Roland seem to have done most of the hard work for you..

Anyway just wanted to share a good-news (well to me anyway) story. Sorry it was so long!

Dennis