Being a previous owner of a Tyros 2 all I can say is that the Tyros 3 is definitely a noticeable difference in sound quality but I still don’t think it’s as big of an upgrade compared to what the T2 was against the T1…

The build quality is still the same, nothing has changed there.

The screen is better, yes, but still the screen on the T2 wasn’t really that bad anyways?

Sliders – great, every keyboard should have them standard now.

The Piano voice is much much better than the T2, I definitely noticed such a better sound. More richer, deeper, especially the Mellow Grand! It was awesome!

The Reverbs are much better as well (just about on par with the Motif XS)

The new Saxes – great but the original SA Saxaphone is still my favourite

Guitars – still pretty much the same except for the semi acoustic which is basically a nice Jazz Guitar. (I want to see different sampled nylon Guitars as opposed to just the one sample with different effects applied to it).

Example: Live Nylon, SA Concert Guitar, Flamenco Guitar etc are all the same guitar just with different effects and velocity switching levels…

My best feature of the T3 is the fact that it now has a lot of decent usable Synth leads, and Trancy pad sounds coming from the Motif XS. This is where IMO the board has been massively improved.

BUT then when u go to the Dance category in the style list, they are all pretty much the same as they use to be just with nicer revamped sounds. The new Electronica beat isn’t too bad but the Dance Drum kit still doesn’t have enough Punch to bring it alive.
If only they had the Motif drum kits as well it would be so much better.

Overall it’s an awesome board and I really want one but at the moment the AUD price tag of $6,000.00 is way too high…

If the PSR S900 had the same keyfeel as the Tyros line I would but it today as I still think its such a good sounding board for the price, and the fact that its much more portable,

thanks for reading,
Nick