I had planned to buy a PSR-S900 but having read plenty of reviews and listened to numerous demos, I'm not sure if it is the machine for me. As well as jamming along with various styles, I am also looking to compose electronic music. From what I've read and heard, Korg have the edge in synth voices and also make better midi controllers if I want to add to my set up in the future.

Ideally I would like a PA-800. Unfortunately, this is about £500 ($1000) dollars more than I really wanted to spend. The PA-500 is about the same price as the PSR-S900. From what I can gather, these are the main differences between the PA-500 and PA-800.

The PA-500 has:

- Less polyphony (How big of difference will this make?)
- 70 less sounds (I'm assuming that the sounds it does have are created with the same technology)
- 80 less styles
- 64 less performances (to be honest, I'm not really sure what these are!?)
- No voice processor or vocoder effects (this is not really important to me as I don't sing)
- No built in sampling

Are there any other differences that I really should know about before making my decision? Do you think that, as a beginner, the PA-500 would meet my needs and then I could add to it, if necessary, in the future?

Thanks