without the obvious feature comparism that you already knew

PA 800

well constructed,good bass response,better keys,better seq(Yam's is limited),good piano with pad ,synth and drums,better VH

PSR s 900

a suprise to me.Acostic guitars blow me away ,better than G70,PA 1x,800.

Style programming and style flow(and fills)

-very versatile for the arranger player,singer -no unwanted suprises, very smooth and well covered for almost all western music styles.
all those guitar music styles (ac guitar,bass drums) is near perfect with simple and not too in your face bass lines- meaning -a listener will not be bored with a style.VERY realistic guitar strums(both pattern and the sound itself)!

navigation - better than PA no -double button pressing,quick and fast!

Sounds - Piano -I can live with both
Yam- higher range -not as good as korg,

EPs- PA is better
Strings -Yam is fresher type strings ,Korg has more traditional pad type - both works

Saxes -both are good

Synth - Korg +

Drums - Korg +++

Harmonica and organ - KORG

Ac and El guitars - AC guitars in Yam (++++++) , clean El guitar both are OK,Dist El guitars -yam _++++

bottom line- KORG :more workstation type with traditional good sounds (like a good ROMpler),plus more playback features

-Yamaha -true OMB with no headache in finding a style that would match all current popular songs (nor rap or hiphop).Style flow is excellent.backing is not over done.Fills super smooth and natural.

My advice is if you do >75% of arranger play with instant song creation via arranger-the choice is clear - YAMAHA

if you play in a band ,if you use SMFs alot and mp3 and mostly playback gigs,and studio work -KORG

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 01-18-2008).]