I have noticed from other posts that there is confusion about what updates are free and what has to be paid for on Wersi OAS instruments, therefore I have written an explanation below which will hopefully provide all the answers.

The Wersi OAS System can be split into 3 parts

1. Updates
2. Options
3. Upgrades

1. Updates
These are free and can be likened to the updates provided by manufactures for their hardware boards, (Korgs OS3, Roland’s OS3 etc) and contain bug fixes and new features etc. (Many of the modifications being in direct response to the requests of Wersi owners)

2. Options
These you have to pay for, but only if you want them. (You are allowed a trial period with most options, so that you can try before you buy)
The current options (Although their may be some I have missed) are listed below and when activated fully integrate into the OAS system.

Grand Pianos
World of Organs
World of Synthesisers
Theatre sounds
Classical sounds
OAS style converter
Hermode tuning
NI B4
Open Art Arranger

3. Upgrades
These you pay for and are the equivalent of upgrading your existing hardware board for a completely new board.
However as the OAS upgrade is mainly software, (And sometimes internal PC hardware) the price to upgrade is a fraction of the cost involved when you upgrade from 1 hardware board to another.

I hope the above clarifies the Wersi update system, thus allowing a better understanding of the Wersi OAS system.

Bill