I just spent some time playing a new M-Audio Axiom 49[I am interested in the Axiom 61].
This keyboard has USB and standard MIDI ports..It has initial and after touch. It has rotary knobs, sliders and pads. It has a number pad. It has a big back lit screen.
And most important , it has a nice semi weighted key bed [piano style keys].
It has 4 zones[finally ].
All of the controllers, pads, rotary knobs and sliders have selectable sensitivity settings to suit the user..

I am thinking about setting up this board to use with my laptop, utilizing my soft synths, sequence playback programs and arranger programs[JammerLive and OMB]. With 4 zones I will be able to keep a zone dedicated to my B4, another to my Piano of choice[Super Quartet].
I will still have 2 zones left, one could be my GM/GS zone and the last for OMB/JammerLive..

There is no template preset for this, so I would have to put some effort into setting this up..but it sure sounds like it could be promising.
There are enough controller knobs , sliders , pads to set up the arranger start/stop, fills , intros and endings, and variations..I am pretty sure we could even assign our favorite styles to pads etc..
Check it out and tell me what you think..

Everything feels solid and seems to be well made. Oh yeah...it weighs 12 lbs!!!
The list price for the 61 key model is $379..
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Axiom61-main.html