Can any of the pro and semi-pro arrangers do this:

During recording, whether it be in style mode or song mode, can you pause recording without actually leaving the record mode?

You can do this on workstations, and it's a really cool feature because you don't have to hit the stop button.

I can start recording, record say my drum track, then I can press the rec. button again (while it's recording). The synth goes into a rec "pause" mode where the sequencer is still active (you can still hear the metronome), but it won't record what you're playing. I can switch tracks to practice other parts (all while the sequencer is in a stand by mode).

Once I got my part rehearsed, I just press rec again, and it just keeps going from there.

It's a great feature, you never have to hit stop, to go to the next track, and so on. It really helps keeping the creative juices flowing.

Can any arrangers do this? I don't recall seeing this feature on any I've owned or used, but am wondering if it's really out there on any of them.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.