Hello Everyone and Happy New Year to you all!

Ok well at long last I have written a song on my new Roland RS-70. I know that it is not an arranger but hope that you will not hold that against me.

Why I ever bought a synth is quite beyond me as writing music has always been at best a chore and probably (being realistic) a little beyond my capabilities. That's why I loved arrangers because they are the ideal tool for someone like me who has a song in his head and needs a little help to make it coherent musically. I adore writing the lyric but always find the music hard.

Anyway buy a synth I did and persistance (or pig headedness) has resulted in the song I post now! It is called Running Around and I hope you like it.

It is made up of the vocal, A piano, a (basic) bass line and a Jazz Scat voice to (hopefully) give it some depth. Try as I might I could not for the life of me lay down a drum track which is why I am keeping my fingers crossed that the other tracks give it all a bit of movement!

Please try not to listen too critically to the music as this was my first time laying down something track by track. (who am I kidding.... be as critical as you like I really don't mind!) I am seriously considering dashing out to buy an arranger after the stress of this though I will keep the RS-70 because it does have some amazing sounds on it but you can't beat an arranger imho!

Right no more waffling from me ...... here it is..... Running Around

best wishes
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 01-01-2006).]