As some of you may remember, I recently re-evaluated cell phone carriers because my contract (with T-Mobile) had thankfully expired. Though T-Mobile offered the cheapest rate, coverage in my immediate area had gotten dismal, so needed to change to another major carrier (Cingular, Sprint, or Verizon). Both service pricing (monthly) & signal strength/coverage results showed Cingular & Verizon signal (in my area) to be nearly identical, with Cingular edging out slightly. In addition, other family members & friends whom I speak with most around the Country have Cingular, so I get unlimited free Mobile to Mobile 24/7 with them. Another perk I like about Cingular is monthly roll-over minutes. The downside I keep hearing about Cingular is bad customer service. Interestingly enough, my telephone experience with them (so far) has been very very good. Courteous, cordial, and helpful.

I ended up purchasing a Motorola Razr phone (black) for $99 with a 2 year Cingular contract at Best Buy. I really love its sleek look, small size, and powerful features. Having loaded the phone with the latest OS firmware, it not only only allows me to take pics, but record video clips well. Voice activation allows me to call without dialing, but just saying the person's name, and when I make/receive a call, the callers pic is displayed as well. I even have the latest slick pics of "TYROS2" appearing as my phone's background screen WALLPAPER! I'm in heaven.

Ok, curious now to hear which cell phone(s) others here own and/or recommend. Your favorite?

Scott