I was forced to use the Logitech Z2200s again Saturday night. I had two jobs so close together that I didn't have time to set up between, so I set up a kb stand, stool and the Logitechs at the supper club. After the earlier job all I had to move in was the SD1.
Anyway, the place was extra crowded Saturday and I was having second thoughts about using the Logitechs.
The last time I used them I though I heard some distortion and I wasn't getting the volume I expected. Anyway, this time I was in such a rush that I accidently turned the volume well up on the Logitechs. As a result the volume of the SD1 had to be kept low. ShaZam (as Captain Marvel would have said), the sound was loud, clean and clear. I got many compliments from regulars and strangers alike. (Also $100+ in tips). There were maybe 70 folks in the room and I had ample volume to spare.
Before I had the volume on the keyboard (at that time a Tyros) well up and the volume on the Logitech system pretty low. Seems it works better, at least with the SD1, the other way.
Makes me think I might try some of those 5500s after all.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 05-15-2005).]