....so I come home from playing golf Friday afternoon and Lydia tells me I got a call from this 'agent' type that I've known for a number of years ... he's stuck for a kb player for a party on Saturday nite at a CC about 30 min from my house ...Now this guy can be a little shady, but he's given me some nice gigs in the past so I call and ask if it's a solo ... he says yes, a real easy gig providing background music ... so I accept the gig ... I go to the CC on Saturday and get all set up ... Just about ready to start when this woman comes in, carrying a violin case ... She says "hi, I'm so and so ... I'm the other half of the duo!!!" ... I said "WHAT??? Are you sure?!?!? .. I was told I was playing a solo" ...
Well, it seems like she was hired by one of the people giving the party ... I don't know what happened with the other kb player, but I guess when they couldn't find one they called the agent and he eventually called me ... I still don't know if he knew it was a duo, but I'll check into that tomorrow ... Anyway, I try to convince her that we should alternate on a 1/2 hour schedule ... she could do the 'strolling' thing and I would do my stuff ... well she wasn't having any of it and said she could just play along with whatever I was playing .. Not to cause a problem , I agreed ... She played very well and either knew the tunes or read from one of my books ... good thing they're always with me ... the problem was that she wanted to play ALL THE TIME !!! ... I would let her take the tune all the way through, and then would tell her I was taking it ... I would get through 1/2 the tune and she would start again at the bridge ...

The gig was booked from 6:30 to 9:30 but she was only booked to 8:30 ... We took a break at about 7:45 for the CC to serve dinner ... She then strolled the tables until 8:30 and left ... Fortunately, I was able to make it a 'party' for the last hour ...
sheeeesh !!!
t.