I was excited that someone made some PSR2100 styles available. The styles I auditioned were sent from Scandinavia. Thank you to the sender. These were styles that had names that do not appear on the PSR2000. Indeed, all are different and new from internal PSR2000 and Tyros Styles except for about four, like Children's March and Dixie Jazz (Same as Dixieland) and a Christmas style.

It's cool to have some internal styles from the PSR2100. It sounds like all of the rest of the internal PSR2100 styles have the same name as the PSR2000 internal styles. We will have to see if any of these styles are different. I would hope that some of the PSR2000 styles that are repeats of the PSR740 have been remade and are different - like Hully Gully, 8 Beat Adria, Rock 'n Roll, Gypsy Swing, etc.

The styles sound good in the PSR2000. It was only necessary to make two revoices: XG Piano to Grand Piano and Synth Brass to Brass Section. I'm sure that most of these styles sound better in the PSR2100.

Many of the styles are for styles of music that I will probably never touch, unfortunately. There were a few classical styles including a classical waltz that seemed idiosyncratic - like they were made for just one song and I don't know the name of the song. The Schlager styles sounded good.

If this is all that the PSR2100 has over the PSR2000 style-wise, then I am definitely disappointed. Disappointments of this new model include:

1. Very few new styles,
2. Very little extra internal USER memory
3. No hard drive or smart media capability
4. No extra buttons - like individual buttons for intros and endings
5. Very slow USB

I hope that I am proven wrong on the styles - maybe there are a lot of styles that are complete remakes, but I doubt it.

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 06-02-2003).]