Don M

So it sounds like the Power 15's do the job for volume?

I use a PSR2000 like you've got, and two JBL 10S2's. It sounds really good. However, someday I may want to get something with 15's in them, I for me don't really see any point in getting anything with 12's, because if I go bigger I might as well get something that actually covers all bases.

I've had an interest in Barbetta, but in a sense they seem to be what my father used to call an orphan.

My main point here is I've considered JBL 15G2's and their Powered 15's. I've wondered if the Powered 15's would have enough punch or if I ought to get the 15G2s because of the extra oomph. They weigh basically the same. 'Course there is a little price difference. I see you can easily find new Power 15', for $399 and the 15G2's for $699. I am sure with a little shopping one could do better than that.

Then from what I can see, the 15G2's have a mixer where the Powered don't. So far I've just used the built in mixer on the PSR2000, but am considering trying a Behringer mixer to see if it really would give me more power and better sound.

I've also noticed in other threads that some of the guys have the 15G2's and that they turn them up only about 20%. It then appears to me the Powered 15's run at maybe 1/2 to 3/4 volume would be about equivalant.

I understand I would be better off getting the regular 15's rather that the sub's because. With the G210's or Powered 10's I could play out only with those if I choose. Otherwise if you have the sub's I would have to bring the 10's.

So, in a round about way, I guess I'm just asking for opinions about what might be the better way to go from all different standpoints.

I greatly appreciate any input, because the equipment I have now was chosen only after a lot of great advice from the SynthZone family, and I am very pleased so far. It sure cuts down on shopping time, and keeps me from jumping and getting something and then find out later that I could have done something better.

Many thanks to you Don and all the SZ family.

Scott Langholff