DanO got me thinking .... what beter way to actually audition this beast than to record it and listen to it at a later time. So - I did, and WOAH MAMMA! This thing sounds so real .... much better than I remember the X1 sounding. (Although that was pretty good at the time)

It seems the folks at Ketron have been busy improveing exosting features rather than REinventing the board. It really shows in how expressive some sounds are. Lots of the staples have better vibrato and sustain qualities, and the drums are just scary.
They finally put in a way to lock out the bass from changing between patterns, so if I can just get used to the navigation and the few missing features that I've come to love .... I may take it out soon. I NEED that F/S Dan - you can't use the vocalist without it. (MAJOR KEYTRON BOO BOO ! )

AJ - You gotta make it so you can use a comercial F/S for an assignable task - forget about the volume pedal .... the on/off features are far more important .... especially to singers. Any chance ?

I have too busy of a weekend ahead so the XD will sit home one more week, but if I get that F/S .... I plan to try it on the job next week. The bass lockout was the last really big hurdle. As long as the vocalist performs ok .... I think It may go on-line with me very soon.

I'll Give DonnyNJ the audio demos - maybe he can post them somewhere. I never learned how to do that, and I don't think I want them on my site ... they're just fooling around with lots of mistakes too. (I'm a clumsy lead player when I don't concentrate.)