I've probably brought this complaint up before, but it was never highlighted in a separate thread like this:

How many of you use the PSR2000's 'Registration Sequence' feature along with Registration Memory 'Buttons 1-8' when performing? I myself use this feature all the time, especially for pre-arranged song numbers where different parts of a song or medley (AABA, solo, custom voice setups, modulation, style changes, etc) are saved in sequential Registration Memory buttons (1-8) & possibly even covering mutiple reg banks. I rely on using the 'Registsration Sequence (1-8)' feature to move sequentially up thru the individual Registration buttons triggered via a footswitch pedal.

My BIG complaint before performing a song, is always having to remember to set the Reg Memory back to #1 via the 'back/next' buttons, and NOT by merely pressing Registration button #1 directly.

Regretably, pressing Reg button #1 directly will NOT reset the Registration Sequence (1-8) setting back to 1. As a result, I've encountered more than my share of embarassing false performance starts because I forgot to set the Registration Sequence to #1 via the back/next keys, but instead simply pressed the indiviual Reg #1 button itself (a much more intuitive & easier approach). This ends up creating disasterous results, because when you later in the song, trigger an incremental reg memory button setup change via the footpedal, the Reg Sequence might switch from reg memory #1 to #7 instead of what was intended: #1 to #2, because the Reg Sequence setting was unknowingly set to #6, not #1.

There needs to be a TWO - way link between the Registration Sequence settings & the Registration Memory individual buttons 1-8.

Currently when you change the 'Reg Sequence' settings via 'back/next' buttons, it will subsequently change the Registration Memory Button selection as well, but unfortunatelly this does NOT work the other way around. You should be able to press any individual Reg Memory Bank button 1-8 directly and have it automatically change the Registration Sequence setting to reflect this as well. I wonder if this might have been resolved in a later PSR2000 OS version? I have one of the early OS versions. PSR2000 owners: PLEASE check this on YOUR keyboard and report back your findings.

Thanks in advance for your feedback, - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-02-2002).]