SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#117573 - 08/17/01 11:03 AM Donny from NJ works his crowd
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I finaly got a chance to travel to Donny Pesce's Dance Party, . As I walked thru the door Donny greeted me and waved the modest $7 cover charge[buffet and 4 hrs. of entertainment]. I was with my wife, and had the opportunity to meet Donny's wife[it was her birthday, 29th I think],and their 2 daughters and son..Let me tell you about this "old" boy, he knows how to put on a show. He has his 200 member audience up and dancing all night long..And his performance is as good as it gets,even though he plays a Yamaha..Donny hand picked a table for us and seated us with longtime friends of Donny[from boyhood days]. I found out that half of his audience was from his old hometown[S.I. and Manhattan].. To my delight, their was a gorgeous blond seated with us,she was with a friend of Donny[I think Donny's pals are ex Mafia]. Any way bact to the show, Donny keeps the action moving , non stop, he mixes the dances with a good selection, big band,latin and just enough ballads to keep the lovers happy. Donny has a good sound system in place and the keyboard sounded good. As my wife mentioned "Donny is realy good" and I agree, Donny you were strong, Vocals and playing[those ex accordion style players with passing tones and good comping]...Kudos to you Donny, We'll see you tonight at Uncle Dave's gig....Fran

#117574 - 08/17/01 12:10 PM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Oh CRAP! Now I have to follow a glowing review like that????????????

See you tonite boys - it will be one of the farewell performances on my PSR9000. It's leaving home this weekend. sigh........
what to do, what to do.........

#117575 - 08/17/01 12:29 PM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hey Uncle Dave is the PSR9000 leaving for good or just a little vacation ?
Denny

#117576 - 08/17/01 12:45 PM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
Dnj Offline

Fran,

It was my pleasure to have you at my Dance Club last night. I hope you and your wife enjoyed yourself.
Making people dance all night is my forte. I like to give everyone a chance to dance by mixing it up really good. The Psr9000 does the job well for me musicaly and vocaly. Lets do it again Fran.

Donny NJ

PS: Dave, next time.. "Your table is Ready Buddy" :>)

#117577 - 08/17/01 07:51 PM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
Uncle Dave Offline

Denny,
The PSR is history. It will never do exactly what I need it to, so.......out it goes. I can live with limitations, but I won't compromise features PLUS carry the heaviest board in town. That's just nuts. I will keep the PRO at home, because in a studio setting, it can't be beat, but I can't overcome the drawbacks of the PSR on the road. THe harmonizer issue is vital to my sanity, and a BIG part of my show. It's more important than quality of sounds or styles, so I'm back in the hunt.....again.
If the PSR2k is a letdown, I'll play my Korg till someting else comes out. Looks like the laptop is going back "on line" in my setup.
(The i5s sucks as a sequence playback unit)

#117578 - 08/17/01 10:47 PM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Uncle Dave
Changing keyboards like the seasons, again, huh? Are you looking for a buyer for your 9000? If so, email me to discuss.
Tom
Hope your show is a knockout for Fran & Donny!

#117579 - 08/18/01 06:53 AM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
Uncle Dave Offline

The 9000 already has a home, thanx. I traded it to my friend for a bunch of studio gear and a few Roland keyboards. I liquidated his 32 track studio this week, and I took what I wanted before I resold the recording gear! Now I have some new toys to play with, and he won't get shot by his wife for spending too much time in his studio! It's a "win/win" situation!

#117580 - 08/20/01 09:28 AM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
Uncle Dave, you better be carefull now, with all this new gear. You might be spending too much time in the studio now!

Just Kidding, but I wish I had an opportunity to visit one of y'alls shows. It sounds like a lot fun.

#117581 - 08/20/01 10:41 PM Re: Donny from NJ works his crowd
Uncle Dave Offline

I was very lucky to fall into the studio deal when I did. I found a buyer for the recording part of the studio, and I traded the 9000 for some of the performance gear. I now have a fully loaded XP80, an EP9, and thre of the most amazing signal processors on the market - the Lexicon PCM-91, the Drawmer Studio Finalizer & the TC Electronics G-Force (guitar fx)- plus a few more sets of head phones, a fender bass, a Peavey guitar and a bunch of small odds & ends. Now I'm really set to make some dynamite recordings of my 9kpro - drop them down to MD and take them on the road with me! No more back aches!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online