SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221126 - 06/24/01 09:32 AM SD1 Style Conversion Question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I was really impressed with the new Solton SD1's styles as was BEAUTFIFULLY demonstrated & performed by Notlos (Dirk Baert). BTW: did you all notice that Notlos spelled backwards = Solton

QUESTION:
Can the X1 load/play SD1 Styles?

I "own" the EMC StyleWorks Universal Converter program but it doesn't (at least not yet) support the new Solton SD1.

Would it be possible for someone here to share with me either: 1) SD1 styles or 2) SD1 styles converted to X1 format? I would love to find out how the SD1 styles (especially the acoustic jazz & latin styles) would sound when converted via "EMC StyleWorks Universal" to Technics KN5000 format. Thanks, - Scott

#221127 - 06/24/01 10:33 AM Re: SD1 Style Conversion Question
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Scotty ;-)

I was on a stand where they demostratet the SD1,and they said that the SD1 would not be any good at the X1,and vise versa.I also think I remember that they said that it will come software for solton to handle it later.

Have you tried to convert SD1 styles in EMC,and was there any success?
Well,as far as I know,there will be a new version of EMC later this year,so maybe there are some light in the tunnel
Regards
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#221128 - 06/25/01 02:15 AM Re: SD1 Style Conversion Question
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Scottyee,
x1 styles have access to sd1.
ms 40/50/60/100 styles have acces to sd1.
(there is a ms convert program in the sd1 now so the styles of the ms-series sound much
better.)
You can not load the sd1 styles into lower or
older series of ketron/solton!!

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online